Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What a great week

We have really gotten alot accomplished around the house this past week. Still have a lot to do though. Just getting the momentum to get it all done,.

Ron is feeling better everyday. It is so nice to see him so relaxed and enjoying life for a change. He teases me about all the honey do's I have for him when in actuality, he loves doing these things. He put pavers beside the driveway for me last weekend. They looks so nice and he did a really good job. He is such a perfectionist when it comes to doing things like that. I would really like to do the same thing on the other side of the driveay now but I don't think I will bring it up just yet. Maybe in a month or two. I think today I will let him have the daly off and relax. Then tomorrow I will have him finish painting the facia board and trim around the front door. Would like to have that done before Ralph and Danny get here this weekend.

I had my Blue Star Mothers meeting tonight. For those who do not know what Blue Star Moms is all about, it is a support group of moms who have kids serving or have had kids serve in the military. It is great to share my feeling with other moms and find out they are having the same feelings. I know taht I won't be going through Ryan's deployment alone. Out meetings last aaskbout an hour, then thouse who can, go to Applebee's for supper afterwards for more chit chat and just spending the evening together.

Uncle Ralph and cousin Danny will be here for a few days this weekend so we are really looking forward to their visit, then we will plan out trip to Hawaii. One of my BSM used to be a travel agent, so she can help us with where to go and what to see and do when we are over there.

I am a great aunt again. Jackson William Hamman was born last Thursday morning. I am anxiously awaiting pics of him. Bev and Kenny got to Colorado about the time that Rebecca went into labor. Jason is so excited and probably a little sleep deprived from being a new daddy, but all is well there. Bev and Kenny went back home on Monday, and Becca's mom is staying this week to help Becca and Jason get everything settled., Congrats to the Hamman family....,,

Ryan is in Charlotte NC this week for a class for the sheriff's dept. It is a class on Domestic and Sexual Abuse investigation. If I remember right, it is a 4 day class. He left on Monday and will be home tomorrow or Friday. He will then be the investigator for those situations in Cass Co. Ryan I think has found his niche as a deputy sheriff. Sure is funny as ornery as he was growing up, but he always did have respect for the law. Plus my best freinds were law enforcement officers, so he grew up with that influence. Ryan and Mia have been re-doing their bathroom. Mia has hated the decor in the bathroom since the bought the house, even though they had to wait for the owner to totally redecorate the whole house before they could buy it, Mia hated hated hated the bathroom, so they ripped out the wallpaper and painted, they were planning on putting in a new vanity and mirror and new towel racks etc., I think Mia's family are coming down next week to help them finish all that and help Ryan do some other things that he can't do alone.

Marcus and Jeremy are busy planning their wedding in Sept. It is going to be at the Iowa State Historical Bldg in downtown Des Moines. With working at Ia Dept of Public Health and Bass Pro Shoppe, I don't know where he finds the time. I am really happy that he has found someone. Since he is so busy, I don't find that I have a lot of time to talk to him anymore. I think about calling then remember it is an hour later there than here so it is too late. Sure wish we were all closer so that I could do more help with the wedding planning. They have a really nice newer townhouse in Altoona. It has as much room I think as my house does.

Jenny got a new daushound puppy for her birthday. They call him Cosmo. Jenny said he is the cutest little thing, and their other dog Macy thinks that he is her baby. Maybe Cosmo will help Macy with her separation anxiety and she won't tear up the house while everyone is gone. The kids are all doing well in school. They just had a 4 day weekend and spent it in Oakland with their dad. Hopefully Paul will be back to work soon, the company he worked for closed without notice a year ago around Christmas time. He has done some odd carpenter jobs on the side and has had his unemployment but that ready to run out, and the unemployment insurance they had on their mortgage runs out this month, so they will have their house payments due again, plus with all the bitter cold and snow back there, their utility bills are through the roof. They are struggling but they will make it through this I am sure, I know that I was able to survive through hard times like that.

Time to get started on the house and plan my day. I will continue with updates on how things are going soon

No comments:

Post a Comment