Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

OK, now I can keep my eyes open to type haha. Looking back at last nights post, it is obvious that I was sleepy. haha.

We had lunch yesterday with my sister Bev before we went to the airport. It is always so great to spend time with her but I never seem to have enough time. I need to go back and just plan on spending a day or two there. We have always been very very close.

Friday after Marc and Jeremy got there, we went to mom's house in Red Oak and the boys picked up the china cabinets that mom had, Ryan and Mia are going to put them in their basement or maybe the dining room, not sure which. Mom still has so much stuff in her house back there, she needs to get back there and go thru things again and then either keep or sell the rest. Hopefully she can do that when she goes back this summer. Then she needs to sell that house or do something with it. It's not good to just let it sit vacant like that.
We had planned on going to the Redwoods in Anita for supper that night however it was snowing and the roads weren't the best so we just went to Dusty's there in Griswold. It wasn't near as good but it was fun with the boys. And it was nice to celebrate the boys birthdays. (Marc's a week late and Ryan's a day early). Then we had cake when we got home.

I have to say that I have acclaimated myself to Arizona weather very well, I about froze to death back in Iowa. It is freaking cold back there.

Tuesday when we got to Omaha, we went to the bank and did some business there with Ron's dads accounts, then went over to his house to check things out. We were also meeting Ron's cousin Skip for supper that night. In the meantime, we stopped over to the Horseshoe casino. Didn't do too bad. Then it was off to Red Lobster for supper with Skip. It is always a pleasure to see him. He and Ron have always been really close. Ron lived with his family alot when he was growing up. Skip said that Ron was a chick magnet for him. So he would take Ron with him to his girlfriends houses etc. I don't know where Ron would be in this whole estate thing without Skip. He has been a rock for Ron and given him some sound advise. Too bad we all didn't live closer.

Friday when we went to mom's house we stopped at my sister Cindy's who lives right next door to moms. And we visited with her. When we were cleaning out Ron's dad's house, Jenny took all of Dad's neckties to Cindy. Well Cindy took them and she quilted pillow using the neckties and gave it to Ron. It is just beautiful. It is all hand sewn and hand quilted. Cindy's mother in law taught he how to do it. She also has a quilt top made using the neckties, however, Jenny was going to pay to have it quilted but right now doesn't have the money, so I am going to pay to have it quilted. Ron was just speechless, he has something that he can always remember his dad by. What a tribute, as his dad always wore a tie to church and other special events and stuff. I am anxious to see it when it gets completed and plan on getting a quilt stand to display it on.

Well enough for this posting. Well continue soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment